Collection of some historically important Kilkenny buildings, monuments and places (List will be extended in time)
Built in 1195, the castle is easily Kilkenny's most famous and important building. A seat of power, it has experienced many great events and been visited by many important people.
Built in 1602, this Inn stood proudly in the Irishtown of Kilkenny City. An important meeting place, it was located on the 'Bull Alley Lane' from which it got it's name.
Very little fabric remains
Built in 1594, Rothe House is considered one of the finest examples of a Medieval townhouse in Ireland. Consisting of three incredible houses and a beautiful garden, it is very extensive in nature.
In 1300, the Market Cross was constructed. It was a beautiful, elegant structure and stood in the centre of Kilkenny for 471 years, until 1771 when it was removed to be reconstructed elsewhere.
Built circa 1400, the tower was pivotal component of Kilkenny's defences. It may even have been more important than Talbots Tower and became known as 'The Castle in The Garden'.
Market Yard Gates
From the 1860s until the 1960s, the Market Yard had a beautiful, ornate entrance with the finest wrought-iron gates ever crafted in Kilkenny. Much of it still survives, although not in the same place.
St. Canice's Cathedral
Occupying one of the oldest sites in Kilkenny, St. Canice's Cathedral is heavily linked to the very origins of Kilkenny